Community colleges and universities across the state and country have successfully gone tobacco free without any drop in enrollment. The following list categorizes all Oregon community colleges by type of tobacco policy and recognizes other 100% tobacco-free or smokefree Oregon colleges and universities.
Click here to view a statewide map of Oregon community college tobacco policies.
100 percent tobacco-free campuses (no tobacco use anywhere on college premises):
- Mt. Hood Community College (since January 2010)
- Oregon Coast Community College (since spring 2009)
- Portland Community College (since fall 2009)
- Tillamook Bay Community College (since January 2010)
Smokefree Community Colleges:
- Chemeketa Community College (since January 1, 2011)
Tobacco-free Public Universities:
- Southern Oregon University (effective Fall 2012)
- University of Oregon (effective Fall 2012)
- Oregon Health & Science University (OUS affiliate)
- Eastern Oregon University (Fall 2013)
Smokefree Public Universities
- Oregon State University (effective Fall 2012)
Tobacco-free Private Colleges and Universities:
- Corban College
- East West College
- Linfield College (Portland campus only)
- Multnomah University
- Northwest Christian University
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
- Pacific University (Health Professions Campus in Hillsboro only)
- Walla Walla University (Portland campus)
- Warner Pacific College
Smokefree Private Colleges & Universities:
- National College of Natural Medicine
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
- Western Seminary
- University of Western States
Designated outdoor smoking areas:
- Central Oregon Community College (parking lots)
- Clackamas Community College
- Clatsop Community College
- Columbia Gorge Community College (parking lots)
- Klamath Community College
- Lane Community College (core of campus tobacco free)
- Linn-Benton Community College
- Rogue Community College
- Southwest Oregon Community College 
- Umpqua Community College (core of campus tobacco free)
Smoking prohibited within specified distance from building entrances:
- Blue Mountain Community College (25 feet)
No smoking within 10 feet of entrances, windows and air intakes (minimum distance required by Oregon Smokefree Workplace Law):
For a national list of 100 percent tobacco-free colleges and universities, click here.
Compiled from information provided by campus administrators and obtained from college websites. Please contact us with any updates, corrections or questions.
The SOCC Curry County campus is 100% tobacco-free.
TVCC outreach centers in Harney County and Nyssa are tobacco free (located on K-12 premises).